Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grimace, the Video Game Cowboy

Today was a very odd day. There I was in Terminal D at DFW airport, waiting for my plane flight to NAMM. I'm feasting on a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit at McDonald's, and I noticed these kids playing really awesome videos games. I looked behind the video game console, and I noticed Grimace the Video Game Cowboy. He's purple. He's big. And he's got a touchscreen game system build into his abdomen. Hey kids, do you want to play Bejeweled in Grimace's stomach? Yes, he wants you to touch him there. I could go on, but I won't. Anyways, my plane flight was delayed for almost 2.5 hours because there was something wrong with the "Avionics box." I'm not sure what that is, but I am sure that it scared the hell out of me when the pilot told us about it. Our flight was very nice, but I had white knuckles the entire time. Right after liftoff I remember thinking about the fact that there hasn't been a plane crash in the United States in several years. And I remember thinking that the probabilities would show that we are due for some type of plane incident. And what do you know - I walk off the plane at LAX, look up at the plasma TVs in the terminal, and see a US Airways plane in the Hudson River. Good Lord. I gotta remember to keep more positive thoughts and energy about planes. I'm just glad that everyone made it off of that one without major or fatal injuries. Oh yeah. And after the hourlong wait at Hertz and the hourlong trip to Anaheim, I finally made it to NAMM 2009. More pictures and stuff later...